Canvas is Manukau Institute of Technology’s Learning Management System(LMS).
Canvas is the central place where you will engage with your learning material during your course.
First Visit to Canvas:
If this is your first visit to Canvas, you must change your default password (mit$ID) that you receive, by visiting the reset password page below
Then follow through the instructions to change your password.
Once you have changed your password successfully, you are ready to login to Canvas.
1. Go to canvas.manukau.ac.nz
2. Log in by using your Manukau student email address and your new password.
Password: New password
3. This should take you to the Canvas page. First time users will be promoted to accept
the terms and conditions of canvas, after reading them and the policy:
4. Click on the dashboard icon and you will see all the courses in which you have been enrolled:
Second or Subsequent Visit to Canvas:
- Go to canvas.manukau.ac.nz
- Enter your full MIT email address and your password.
This should take you to the Canvas page.
For any Canvas related issues, you can call Canvas Help: 0800 569 020
For any MIT-based IT issues, you can contact Technology Services Service Desk: 0800 62 62 52 – option 3 or 09 968 7676 – option2