This guide will assist you to setup citrix receiver that will allow you access to your MIT Desktop.
MIT Desktop would enable your access to application and files that are relevant to your course from anywhere at any time as long as you are connected to internet, just like the computers in labs on campus
To install Citrix Receiver
1. Power up your device and ensure you are connected to the Internet.
2. Open Safari browser and visit https://www.citrix.com/go/receiver.html
3. Click on “Download Receiver for Mac ”, installer file for citrix receiver will start to download folder
4. Double click on the downloaded file to start installation, accept all default. During install credential request will pop up , please enter your Mac admin username and password to continue
5. Click ‘Continue’ at the end. Note: you do not need to “Add an account”
Select “close” at the next screen to complete installation.
6. When citrix receiver has fully installed successfully, open Safari browser and navigate to our BYOD portal https://apps.manukau.ac.nz.
7. In Safari browser you might get prompt on the right please always select ‘Trust ‘
Click “Activate Citrix Receiver” if prompted
In Firefox browser, select ‘Allow and Remember ‘if promoted
In Chrome browser, even if citrix receiver is install you might get message on right, click ‘Install’, next window will detect receiver and allow you login or you can choose ‘Already installed ’
8. Log in with your username and password.
9. Click on MIT Desktop to get started.