MIT students are entitled to have up to 5 Microsoft Office 365 licenses for their own personal devices.
This means you can download and install Office on your own computer free of charge on 5 different devices
To download, follow these quick steps
**Note–>Before proceeding make sure you uninstall previous version of Microsoft Office. To do that, go to control panel>look for programs and Features and uninstall Office.
- Login to your student email via http://home.manukau.ac.nz/. Enter your student email address and password .Your student email format is firstname.lastname@example.org and use your normal MIT login password. (Eg. Username – wxyz123 where wxyz is your Last name first few letters with random numbers.)
- When you have successfully logged into you student email look for a gear icon at the top right hand corner of the screen. Click on it to get pull down menu and select “Office 365”.
- When the next window appears, select “Install Status” from the left pane and on the right you will see the option to ‘Install desktop applications‘. Click on it to continue.
*Detected installs: 0 – indicates how many licenses you have already used out of the 5 provided
- Click on ‘Install’ to start downloading the installer file.
Note: The Office 2016- 365 Package provides;
Version 32 bit or 64 bit depending on your operating system.
There is also an option to install a lower version 2013 Office 365
Depending on the browser you are using, click Run (in Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).
Then go to the download location and double click on the file.
Select “Yes” at the UserAccount Control prompt to commence the install.
- Installation will commence. Ensure you have internet connection while this is occurring. Installation is complete when the window below is displayed. “You’re all set! Select Close to finish.
- Installation is complete when the window below is displayed. “You’re all set! Select Close to finish.