ICTS Project Update
Still looking to fill Senior Systems Engineer vacancy (replacement for Alex).
Ricoh Invoice Automation and Telephone Usage Billing
Since January 2017, ICTS has taken over the Ricoh invoicing process . Although work is still being done on eh automation layer – ICTS can process the invoice in the new format and charge cost centres only for their own printer/copier usage. ICTS will engage an external vendor during March to develop code within Talend to automate the entire process. It is expected to have this process fully automated by the end of March2017.
Business Intelligence Investigation
MIT is yet to provide feedback to the vendor regarding the EFTs report. This will be done as soon as current deadlines have been met. Once this pilot is signed off, the PMO will prejectise the BI framework within the organisation. All future BI development will be planned/scheduled by the PMO.
Roll-out of Skype for Business to end-users now complete apart from MIT Enterprise/Plumbing School. Had intended to complete migration of all users by the end of February but user community asked to reschedule to first week in March. Remaining technical tasks before switching off Mitel are replacing the fax capability, migrating analogue phones to AudioCode and replacing the Contact Centre Software. Two new Skype projects will be opened, i.e. Skype for Business – Analogue and Fax Migration and Skype for Business- Manukau Migration & Failover capability.
MIT Enterprise Network Upgrade
Progressing according to project plan.
- Network Management & Monitoring – Suppliers on-site during the month and product fully installed and now operational. Will complete rollout of product network wide by end of March.
- Awaiting responses in regards to creation of Security Architecture & Roadmap before progressing with security step of the MIT Enterprise Network Upgrade approved for 2017.
- Confirmed both the hardware makeup and required number of network switches for the Edge Switch Replacement step of the MIT Enterprise Network Upgrade and will distribute RFQ in first week of March.
Backup & Archiving
Migration of data continuing.
Replacement Contact Centre Software
Product recommendation approved. Project team formed and project started. Steve Jones is the Project Owner. Over February the primary financial and purchase order preparation work was completed ready for the project kick-off and discovery work in early March. This new software along with Skype for Business is part of the Project to retire the old MITEL telephony system which is now past end of life.
There will be 3 instances of the software installed in this project, the main MIT Information Service and Application Contact Centre, ICTS Service Desk and FM Helpdesk. These services receive between 15,000 and 16,000 calls per month.
The software provides a lot of productivity improvements in call handling like skills based routing to help customers get to the right people and call tracking to assist in staff training along with wallboards and detailed reporting. It is expected to take 16 weeks and be in production by end of June.
Setup POC by mid-March. Need to upgrade AppSense to latest version first. Review results at end of April and make policy changes where necessary before activating policy.
DR/BC Technical Plan
Service restoration documentation currently being compiled. Target is to have this completed by end of April.
- Studentvoice.manukau.ac.nz website retired and hardware switched off.
- EBS Test server upgraded to 4.24.
- Phishing attack identified (14/2) and targeted users password changed to prevent further spam being issued under her name.
- Mailarchive upgraded to 5.0.23.
- Mahara upgrade was rolled back due to difficulties encountered and a lack of time.
- Internal VPN access from the wireless network implemented.
- Facilities Management have completed test of MITM Data Centre Bypass Switch on the 8th February. Final Test yet to be scheduled. Initial request was for first week of new school term so denied and new date requested.
*Firewall stats for December are not available at this stage*
ICTS Service Level Agreement Performance
Enterprise Services Availability
All Enterprises Services were at 99.5% or higher availability for February.
Services availability is measured on total uptime (excluding planned scheduled outage windows) minus any unscheduled outages.
The Availability measurement for services listed is 7.30am to 6.00pm, 5 days a week apart from Voyager and this measurement is based on 7.30 to 9.00pm, 7 days a week. Core Infrastructure Services (Compute and Network) are available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Major Infrastructure Outages/Incidents during February 2017
There were no service outage during SLA hours in February.
Issues during February:
- Outage with Blade servers on 9th February, which impacted the 3m Command Centre Service.
- Slow access to the Canvas service hosted by Salesforce on the 9th of February. Full network service restored after 30 minutes.
- Encountered service issues with the Skype environment at Otara on the the 13th of February. The issue prevented staff from making external calls. Full services restored after a server reboot.
- International Internet sites encountered access and speed service issues on the 13th of February, due to a failure with a circuit in Sydney. All okay once circuit restored to normal operations at 9:34 am.
- Further Skype issues at Otara on the 14th of February, which prevented users making and receiving external calls and connection with the old Mitel phone system. Problem finally isolated to an expired certificate on one server and full services restored once certificate renewed. Otage impact window approximately 2 hours.
- Shared wordpress web server failed due to lack of RAM on the 20th of February. 15 minute outage for those sites hosted on this server.
- Payroll issues encountered on the 28th of February required rollback which was actioned by AMS.
Average size of Email boxes/storage
Incident and Service Request Reporting
Actual Incident Summary
Actual Service Request Summary
Service Level Targets